Risk Management, Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
An essential part of risk and incident analysis is to provide management with decision making criteria for determining and subsequently establishing an organisation’s range of acceptable, tolerable and unacceptable risk category levels for the effective management of all their significant health, safety and process risks.
In this programme delegates will advance their knowledge and skills by:
- Understanding the importance and role of risk and incident analysis
- Learning the principles of risk management and assessment process
- Being able to analyse risks and incidents and consider the underlying causes
- Learning how to select/implement pro-active incident prevention measures
- Understanding pre and post risk and incident management
- Management and those with responsibilities for analysing risks and incidents
- Production, process, maintenance, and HSE personnel
- Line-management involved in planning and/or implementing the organisation’s risk and incident analysis programmes
This programme aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Gaining an appreciation of risk and incident analysis techniques
- Identification of potential plant, process and work task related risks
- Developing and implementing Risk Management programmes
- Understanding how to carry out comprehensive incident analysis using evaluation tools, including root cause analysis (RCA)
- Develop skills for analysing new and existing risk control measures and improving incident analysis techniques of pre and post risk and incident management arrangements
Delegates will learn by active participation through inspiring presentation tools and interactive programme and role-playing activities, presented in a lively, enthusiastic and interesting style. Delegates will take part in topic exercises, case studies and the practical programme.
The purpose of this programme is to provide delegates with the advanced skills and knowledge to successfully analyse new and existing risk control measures and conduct effective incident analysis. The programme will show delegates how they can evaluate, determine and implement effective risk control measures to prevent serious incident occurring and/or re-occurring.