Leaders today are expected to have a wide range of skills – technical, operational and relational. This programme focuses on developing the communication competencies that allow them to lead and motivate others. It helps leaders become great communicators who know how to win respect, understanding and commitment.
Leading people – the relational side of management – is as important as task-based skills. Communication is the critical competency that underpins relationships, both for keeping team members up-to-date and for winning the support of key stakeholders.
During this programme participants will develop the following competencies:
- Listening to and understanding others
- Building relationships with and between others based on trust and respect
- Conveying team/business unit strategy by setting goals, planning and prioritizing
- Explaining the bigger picture and where their team/project fits within the overall aims of the business unit and organisation
- Creating a collaborative environment where team members support and encourage each other
- Clarifying objectives and expectations and providing support as individuals seek to attain them
- Developing a collaborative team culture where people work together to achieve goals and overcome challenges
- Ensuring everyone contributes to discussions and all points of view are heard before making decisions that are then supported by the team
- Using presentations to win recognition for team achievements and support for goals