This course focuses on long-term insurance.
Why study Long-Term Insurance NQF Level 4?
This qualification provides a framework for learners to develop competencies that will give them insight into the Long-term Insurance which includes which includes life insurance, retirement and group benefits and Healthcare Benefits Administration.
This course introduces a basic understanding of the key terms, rules, concepts and principles of the field that will enable learners to be informed about the long-term insurance industry.
Who should study this course?
The Long-Term Insurance NQF Level 4 qualification is for learners who:
- Have attained the National Certificate in Insurance: Level 3 and wish to continue on a path of life-long learning specialising in Long-term Insurance.
- Were previously disadvantaged or who were unable to complete their schooling and were therefore denied access to Further Education and Training.
- Have worked in the Long-term Insurance sub sector for many years, but have no formal Qualifications in their area of specialisation and wish to extend their range of skills and knowledge of the industry so that they can become knowledge workers in the industry.
- Are in a learnership agreement in the Long-term Insurance sub sector.
- Have recently taken up a position in Long-term Insurance.
Learners employed in Long-term Insurance at this level may be:
- Personal Assistants,
- Term Broker Consultants,
- Client Liaison Officers,
- IT Systems Designers and Analysts in Long-term organisations,
- Product Developers or Business Analysts in Personal or Corporate Benefits,
Marketing or Life Administration.
At the end of the Long-Term Insurance NQF Level 4 Qualification, learners will be capable of:
- Carrying out basic research tasks and applying literacy and numeracy skills to analyse, interpret and evaluate information from a range of sources related to Long-term Insurance or reinsurance and the assessment of risk.
- Managing personal finances and risk.
- Applying knowledge of legislation, ethics, compliance and organisational protocols in the Long-term Insurance environment.
Programme ID: 49649
Number of credits: 140