The development and implementation of carefully crafted strategies for the acquisition of all materials, goods, equipment and services has become a critical issue in all organizations wishing to reduce operating cost while improving quality and productivity. This program explores key concepts forming the basis of procurement and supply chain management and moves through leading edge issues that confront organizations today.
This fast paced program is designed for those wanting to develop high performance purchasing and supply chain organizations as we will in this course:
- Achieve a thorough understanding of what is the best practice.
- Establish the mission, vision, and knowledge needed to successfully implement the processes and methods needed to reach world-class performance.
- Provide an overview of the key drivers involved when viewing supply chains from a logistics/demand point of view.
- Explain what procurement and supply chain management are fundamentally about so that delegates are able to apply key techniques in controlling cost, time and the movement of goods and materials to customers and users.
- Provide practical skills to take back to the workplace to enable delegates to change current methods and activities and work better with all supply chain players
Participants attending the program will:
- Review the meaning of strategic procurement
- Be given examples of best practices in procurement and the supply chain
- Review how to obtain best pricing
- Be taught how to develop spend analysis
- Develop a functional and cross functional view of the supply chain
- See that better working with all of the supply chain players pays
- Consider Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)