Organisations, as a minimum requirement, must demonstrate compliance with health, safety and environmental ‘HSE’ legal requirements. They should also demonstrate compliance with the HSE Management System. An essential part of any HSE-MS is to provide some means of measuring performance against these requirements and to provide feedback for management review. The HSE Audit and site inspections are essential elements in providing this function. Auditors, whether experienced or new need to have the necessary experience in HSE to conduct an effective audit.
In this programme you will learn to:
- Prepare and conduct effective Company and contractors HSE Audits
- Enhance your background for relevant HSE issues
- Gain necessary skills in carrying out physical site inspections
- Prepare HSE audit reports
Who Should Attend?
- Experienced and new auditors linked to the organization’s HSE MS
- All HSE personnel
- Managers and supervisors responsible for HSE functions
- Individuals responsible for controlling contractors
This programme aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Describe the Company’s HSE Management System Elements
- Understand the role of risk assessment and risk management
- Develop a plan and implement vertical and horizontal audit systems
- Be familiar with the requirements of OHSAS 18000 and ISO 14000
- Carry out effective site inspections to sample behavioural and physical aspects of the site and its workers
- Measure improvements in safety culture
- Describe the role of projects HSE reviews
- Be able to prepare audit reports
Delegates will learn by active participation through inspiring presentation tools and interactive programme and role-playing activities, presented in a lively, enthusiastic and interesting style. Delegates will take part in topic exercises, case studies and the practical programme.
The programme covers all the essential skills in HSE needed by both experiences and new auditors. There will be discussions on elements of HSE Management Systems and the role of HSE audits and verification by site inspection on essential elements such as risk assessment and risk management. The programme will concentrate on enhancing knowledge on HSE issues, including promoting and developing positive safety culture within the organisation.